Old 12-18-2013, 12:41 AM   #1
SgtPineapple1st
-- registered --
  • Dec 2013
The world and player interaction
When I play a game that says it has full interactivity between the player and the environment, I find that this "interactivity" is in the form of being able to open a box or break a board. What I would like is a world where I can take that box, paint a target on it, and shoot it... Well maybe not that complex, but at least being able to grab the box and mess with it (or throw it at someone).

Maybe it will make more sense if I use a ball instead of a box... cause boxes are too mainstream. If I see a ball in the corner of an alley or room, why can't I take it and try to make a mini-game out of it to pass the time. Maybe I want to dig a hole and play golf with the ball and the lead pipe I found.

This kind of interactivity with the world is something I rarely find in games. I understand if it is extremely complex to add this sort of thing to a game, but adding little interactive things like this here and there could help keep players immersed in the game by adding a sense of realism in the area of player freedom.

=:D
Old 12-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #2
TerrainCreator
-- registered --
  • Sep 2013
You will have player freedom at the level of Fallout 1&2, Baldur's Gate or Planescape Torment.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
Sankfang
-- co-founder --
  • Dec 2013
Does that include the ability to kill children? Or are we being all sensitive and PC? I hated the kids in Skyrim and you know deep down in your little black hearts you want that ability. Also hello I just backed for $65.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #4
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
You're sociopath, are you?) Np, despite I didn't kill a child in original Fallout I reckon that ability should be in adult RPG. With consequences, of course.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:12 AM   #5
SnapSlav
-- co-founder --
  • Jun 2014
Originally Posted by MrNixon View Post
Np, despite I didn't kill a child in original Fallout I reckon that ability should be in adult RPG. With consequences, of course.
*Eyes sparkle with hope for the future*
I'm not a sociopath, but I really missed being able to do this in FO3 and FONV. It just made children creepy, it didn't somehow make me feel like a better person not being ABLE to kill them.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:19 PM   #6
Olligarchy
-- registered --
  • Jul 2014
I like how "World and Player interaction" has become a discussion on if we can murder children.

Personally not against it if it works realistically, but I'm more interested in how hardcore we can go on survival. Can we purify water? Hunt our own meat? Skin the beast? What kind of an impact can we have on the economy of an area? Should we bring lots of resources to a previously poor area will it become thriving? That sort of thing.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:23 PM   #7
Fox Cunning
-- registered --
  • Aug 2014
Originally Posted by SnapSlav View Post
*Eyes sparkle with hope for the future*
I'm not a sociopath, but I really missed being able to do this in FO3 and FONV. It just made children creepy, it didn't somehow make me feel like a better person not being ABLE to kill them.
That is one of the reasons why I didn't like FO3 and FONV. The whole world had a plastic feeling, I could smell scripts from miles away and I didn't care at all about any NPC, because they didn't feel "alive".
Old 08-22-2014, 02:15 AM   #8
Minchi1984
-- registered --
  • Jul 2014
I know what you mean Fox Cunning, when i played fallout 3 or New Vegas I just go shooting everything and hopefully make to the end...the NPC didn't feel alive either...

I just laugh at the funny physics from the kill camera....

XDD