Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2015, 12:02 PM   #1
MrNixon's Avatar
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
  • 579
SEA BUILD (THE PROLOGUE) TECHNICAL ISSUES
It looks like I occasionally deleted original topic. Hence I'm opening this one.
Do not worry, guys, all previous issues you reported are safe in our records.

Now, please, report here about any technical issues or bugs you've faced.
When you report about a bug, please, specify your OS/processor/memory/video.

Thanks for you support! You're helping the After Reset RPG gets better.
Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:45 AM   #2
tumek's Avatar
tumek
-- co-founder --
  • Sep 2014
  • 3
I get the following error when I try to load through Steam;

Failed to start game (unknown error).
I've followed all the troubleshooting guides provided by Steam and the ones I can find online but can't find an answer. It may be that my pc doesn't meet the minimum system requirements but this is what I'm running;

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz
Manufacturer Intel
Speed 2.7 GHz
Number of Cores 4
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+
Manufacturer NVIDIA
Chipset GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+
Dedicated Memory 1.0 GB
Total Memory 2.4 GB
Memory 3.3 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit
Service Pack 1
Size 32 Bit
Edition Ultimate
Display Maximum Resolution 1920 x 1080
DVD PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-216 ATA Device
CD PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-216 ATA Device
Drive
Size 934.1 GB
Free 23.0 GB
Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 10:40 AM   #3
Binakot's Avatar
Binakot
-- co-founder --
  • Jul 2013
  • 29
Originally Posted by tumek View Post
I get the following error when I try to load through Steam.

I've followed all the troubleshooting guides provided by Steam and the ones I can find online but can't find an answer. It may be that my pc doesn't meet the minimum system requirements but this is what I'm running
Thanks for the report, tumek.

We've just split x86 and x64 builds for Windows. Please, remove AR RPG previously installed from the Steam and re-install it. Steam will install the new build fitted for Windows x86 (32 bit).

We've just tested it. It works.
But let us know if you meet any issues with that.
Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 03:02 PM   #4
GrumpyOldGamer's Avatar
GrumpyOldGamer
-- registered --
  • Oct 2014
  • 3
During my first game I was able to move the character around the first room. However, after starting a second game, I am no longer able to move the character. All I can do is zoom in or out and quit.
Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 12:16 AM   #5
MrNixon's Avatar
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
  • 579
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldGamer View Post
During my first game I was able to move the character around the first room. However, after starting a second game, I am no longer able to move the character. All I can do is zoom in or out and quit.
Please, unpause the game [SPACEBAR]. Mea culpa: we'll add "THE GAME IS PAUSED" message in the next patch.
Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 02:57 AM   #6
tfewox's Avatar
tfewox
-- registered --
  • May 2015
  • 2
I can´t pick up anything
Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 12:51 PM   #7
MrNixon's Avatar
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
  • 579
Originally Posted by tfewox View Post
I can´t pick up anything
Hi, tfewox.

Just double checked - everything works.

Please, specify the OS you use (Win 86, Win 64, Mac or Linux)? Could you also link on you screenshot where any dead body on the floor is highlighted? Mouse icon should change for the palm icon when you hilight any container like a dead body or locker - does it happen? What happens when you click on such container or a body?
Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 01:25 AM   #8
FrozenIceman's Avatar
FrozenIceman
-- registered --
  • May 2016
  • 3
From a post I made before I saw this Sticky:

Game Crash on first game load (After Character Creation)
I've been a long time supporter of this game and figured I'd give it a shot in its current state and provide some feedback if possible, however I ran into a sizeable issue fairly early on.

I start the game, it loads fine, and create a character to start the prequel mission. The computer voice comes on and asks me to stand in which I do and as I start to walk around the game minimizes and my AMD Crimson driver (the driver for the AMD card I use an R9 380) has a popup that indicates the driver had experienced a critical error. I can not change to the game window and I still hear the audio from the game. I am receiving signal from my GPU as I can navigate the desktop, however the AMD Crimson suite appears to be experiencing an error and can not open up. I closed the AMD processes and restarted Crimson and the error disappears on the crimson page (and repeats in game).

This has happened twice in both trials I did on the game, both occurred within 30 seconds of standing up in the first mission.

OS: Windows 10 Pro
CPU: AMD 8350
GPU: AMD R9 380
Crimson (GPU) Driver Version: 16.4.2
Ram: 16 GB
Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:32 AM   #9
Esp's Avatar
Esp
-- developer --
  • Dec 2015
  • 2
Originally Posted by FrozenIceman View Post
Game Crash on first game load (After Character Creation). I've been a long time supporter of this game and figured I'd give it a shot in its current state and provide some feedback if possible, however I ran into a sizeable issue fairly early on.

I start the game, it loads fine, and create a character to start the prequel mission. The computer voice comes on and asks me to stand in which I do and as I start to walk around the game minimizes and my AMD Crimson driver (the driver for the AMD card I use an R9 380) has a popup that indicates the driver had experienced a critical error. I can not change to the game window and I still hear the audio from the game. I am receiving signal from my GPU as I can navigate the desktop, however the AMD Crimson suite appears to be experiencing an error and can not open up. I closed the AMD processes and restarted Crimson and the error disappears on the crimson page (and repeats in game).

This has happened twice in both trials I did on the game, both occurred within 30 seconds of standing up in the first mission.

OS: Windows 10 Pro
CPU: AMD 8350
GPU: AMD R9 380
Crimson (GPU) Driver Version: 16.4.2
Ram: 16 GB
Hi FrozenIceman,

Thanks for your report.

We’ve just ran series of tests on Asus ZenBook Win 10 and GeForce 650M: it ran smoothly without crashes.
It looks like the issue is in one of the following stuff on your PC:
- either video card drivers;
- or video card itself;
- or some other software on your PC confronts the applications.

Please, try to launch the afterreset.exe with SHIFT button pressed: it should open the launch options. Try to run the game in windowed mode and, please, report here if it helps.

As this is the only report and because it runs normally on other testing machines, the issue is definitely on you side. Please, send your email through the Steam to Richard. He’ll contact you and after the release of coming update we’ll prepare special testing build for your machine with markers and logs to identify the error precisely.
Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 06:28 AM   #10
FrozenIceman's Avatar
FrozenIceman
-- registered --
  • May 2016
  • 3
Hello ESP,

Test 1:
I conducted the test as you said and received a BSOD with the following Error at roughly the same place:

"Video Memory Management Internal" and it sent a big report to Microsoft.

Test 2:
I attempted to conduct the test again this time setting Compatibility Mode to Windows 7 and giving Administrator privileges. In this case the Video Card appears to have shut down as I received a blank screen, but could still receive Audio from in game. A quick restart resolved it.

I believe you are correct in that it is specific hardware related (or perhaps drivers), and I have recently been seeing quite of few individuals with similar issues elsewhere on other games. Namely with an R9 380 and R9 285 GPU. A solution that appeared to work that was proposed was to force the game game to run DX 9 mode. Is there a way to force such a setting in After Reset? Perhaps it is related to a new set of AMD drivers that came out starting a few months ago?

The R9 380 I am using is fairly new, less then 8 months old and does seem to function well in other programs.

As far as email through steam, I am uncertain what you mean. The Email address this account is registered with will get to me though. I can PM you my email address as well if you like.

Last edited by FrozenIceman; 05-06-2016 at 06:29 AM.
Quote
Reply

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools
Display Modes