Old 02-11-2015, 10:10 PM   #41
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Originally Posted by Fox Cunning View Post
My only remark would be that I don't particularly like choosing an alignment D&D-style. I would rather have the game determine my alignment based on my actions, instead of forcing me to act according to a static alignment. Other than that, great stuff!
The game will, definitely, change your alignment based on your actions. We just need the start point. Beyond that, it could be quite fun: to determine your real-like alignment at the beginning and track how it could be changed by the events and choices during your adventure through such tough world like AR.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:23 PM   #42
Fox Cunning
-- registered --
  • Aug 2014
Originally Posted by MrNixon View Post
The game will, definitely, change your alignment based on your actions. We just need the start point. Beyond that, it could be quite fun: to determine your real-like alignment at the beginning and track how it could be changed by the events and choices during your adventure through such tough world like AR.
Perfect, that's just what I wanted to hear!

Old 02-12-2015, 10:38 PM   #43
Dalec
-- co-founder --
  • Oct 2014
(So I'm just going to put this out there that I'm not sure if this is by design or just a bug.) I'm not sure this is even the right place to put this but it's the page I was sent to. I can't play the prologue portion of the actual game, that is if there is one. Of course the video and everything plays fine. Great job on that by the way. I can go through the character creation, but I can't select either of the two pre-built characters and I can play the game itself once I've built the character that I want/choose from the options available to me.

Thank you.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:25 PM   #44
idkwtu
-- registered --
  • Feb 2015
Here's what I think.

Introduction Video

I startled by the sound volume when the intro started. It would have been nice if I could have changed settings before. This might be a problem only I have though, as my general volume is set quite loud.

The art shown in the intro is great. I like the style and it is well presented. The deep voice of the speaker gets under the skin and emphasizes the dramatic story being told.

Menu and character selection

The background sound definitely helps the atmosphere. It's well chosen and I like it.

I actually was wondering why there is a DNA strain in background. I assume to get answers to that later in the game.

In character selection, the stat fonts are a little small. I can read them, but it takes effort (running at 1920x1080 resolution).

The flickering is annoying when it happens while reading, but it does not happen frequently so I don't mind. It provides the illusion of an almost broken console or a bad network connection. If that's what you wanted to achieve, it worked. =:)

No technical problems whatsoever.

Can't wait to see more and get into the game.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:44 PM   #45
thebigfreak
-- co-founder --
  • Aug 2014
Also having problems unable to start the pro-log can make a character but will not let me start at the end. Is this a bug or just a sample of the character selection?
Old 02-22-2015, 04:36 PM   #46
Ufonautic
-- registered --
  • Sep 2014
I just played with the current beta for the first time (on Linux) and have a couple of comments:

It isn't really obvious that you have to tag two skills to finalize the skills part of the character creation. I assume that there is a reason for having to do that, but as a new player I don't know why at this point, so you should really add a hint here that tagging two skills is necessary and probably also explain why.

When I tag/untag a skill during creation the skill goes back to have no points allocated. It seems like a bug to me.

Like others I think the flickering becomes annoying during character creation. I was wondering if you could turn it off or it would be possible to apply it to the background only (and not to the text) during character creation if you want to keep it.

Otherwise the bits of the game that I can see looks quiet nice at the moment and everything just seem to work.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:28 PM   #47
Phideaux
-- co-founder --
  • Aug 2014
I'll second, or third, getting rid of the flickering and making the text a shade larger, for us old folk ya know. So far I'm liking all the various KSA's. looks like lots of potential. Keep up the good work.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:20 PM   #48
Melkor
-- registered --
  • Sep 2014
Looks good for demo. However, is it possible to publish (detailed) changelogs for each future build publicly available?
Old 03-04-2015, 12:36 AM   #49
Ödlandretter
-- registered --
  • Aug 2014
SEA Build issues
I just tested the new build on Linux to get a feeling of the game.

⚫ The artwork and the narrator are nothing short of brilliant. Top-notch, AAA material.

⚫ It's nice to see an option to change the font size. Although, if you set it too big, you'll inadvertently end up breaking something.

⚫ There are some "game breaking" :) typos (e.g., inro instead of intro) and discrepancies (e.g, it's written yet but the narrator reads but).

⚫ As others reported, I can't interact with anything. It's a very early build so this probably intentional.

I find curious that the game doesn't show up on my "Recent Game Activity". I believe that's because After Reset is "hidden" on Steam. The game doesn't have a store page or anything, so it's more like a closed alpha... I remember Richard asking us not to post any screenshots or videos during this phase.

Perhaps in time, when the game is more fleshed out, we'll have a store page on Steam? And, of course, it will make more sense for us users to post screenshots and videos on the activity feed.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:13 PM   #50
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Originally Posted by Ödlandretter View Post
⚫ There are some "game breaking" :) typos (e.g., inro instead of intro) and discrepancies (e.g, it's written yet but the narrator reads but).
Thanks, man, for such specific bug report. It is very easy to work with. We'll fix that asap.