Old 12-25-2014, 12:22 AM   #21
Ole
-- co-founder --
  • Nov 2014
Hiya! I don't care if you guys want to add this or not to the game but this is what I think!

Some stuff I came over that I felt needed to be altered. (At least from my view).

In the alignment selection, there is a statement where animals have no self-awareness. From my perspection dealing with multiple encounters with animals in the wild, this is not true!

Acting on instinct is a way for our genes to prevent past experience made by our ancestors happening again, only in a broader sence of lifespan(hundreds if not thousands of years).Those that survive will have a trait that is different in accordance to a neighboring(100 miles) society, given enough time.

In this I will give you a true life experience by myself, I was mountainclimbing towards Rysy in Poland when I encountered animals not afraid of man at all, these are animals familiar to man and not caring cince we don't impact on their nature at all even if we are in fact their nearest predator(they don't know this due to our passive state).

The human term of morality or ethics would be in greater degree in decline than of any animal already enhabiting the earth, radioactive or not. (This due to our irrational everyday need.) So who is the real animal?

Attacks made by animals in the game would in my mind be a defence against other potential competition, since live food is a scare commodity overall it is better to kill than to ask...in my expert guess of the predator animal mind.

My point here is to point out that all beings have an awareness of some kind, some more than others and some more like us humans. Wether we like it or not.

My regards

Ole

PS: Yes I also feel the flickering effect is a bit annoying, but cut it by 1/2 and I guess it will be better(for me), if not take on the advice of moving the effect to the background instead, leaving the front unaffected.

Last edited by Ole; 12-25-2014 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Adding picture links and more info
Old 12-25-2014, 12:50 AM   #22
Ole
-- co-founder --
  • Nov 2014
Woah, every time I check my former comment it just gets veirder and veirder. I was at the time heavily intoxicated and willing to share with the world my view of self awareness.

Anyway I think my point is that even if we humans do have a self awareness it doesn't mean that creatures with less braincapacity than ours doesn't have one, it's right that they don't dwell over life and make plans for future activity as we do but it doesn't prove that they aren't self aware.

Last edited by Ole; 12-28-2014 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Yeah that's an odd one
Old 02-07-2015, 11:56 AM   #23
Synt
-- co-founder --
  • Jul 2014
Not sure how far in character creation is done but i could only go up to selecting skills and then it would not let me continiue.

The intro was really nice but something that bugged me was that it was a introduction to the state of the world and then starts to talk about the player in the end, it just felt off.
Also subtitles would have been awesome but i take it that is planed.

other than that i have no complaints and i'm eager to test new things. is there any changelog anywhere that we can follow and specificaly test new stuff?
Old 02-07-2015, 04:49 PM   #24
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Originally Posted by Synt View Post
Not sure how far in character creation is done but i could only go up to selecting skills and then it would not let me continue.
Are you sure? Did you tag 2 skills and allocate all skill points?

Also subtitles would have been awesome but i take it that is planed.
Yeah, there will be subtitles with time.

is there any changelog anywhere that we can follow and specifically test new stuff?
We also create such topic with the changelog. Beyound that, we'll announce all changes in the news and keeping in PatchNotes.txt in your Steam\SteamApps\common\After Reset RPG folder.
Old 02-07-2015, 05:41 PM   #25
Synt
-- co-founder --
  • Jul 2014
Originally Posted by MrNixon View Post
Are you sure? Did you tag 2 skills and allocate all skill points?
That's what was missing didn't understand the tagging of skills as the information disapeared as soon as i tried to read about the skills.
Yeah, there will be subtitles with time.
Awesome.
We also create such topic with the changelog. Beyound that, we'll announce all changes in the news and keeping in PatchNotes.txt in your Steam\SteamApps\common\After Reset RPG folder.
Ah i'll keep an eye out on the PatchNotes file.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:08 PM   #26
tarasis
-- registered --
  • Aug 2014
Not sure how far in character creation is done but i could only go up to selecting skills and then it would not let me continue.
I hit that, you have to tag the skills which wasn't obvious at all.

I'm stuck. I've created my character and the "Play" button is lit, but all it does when I click it is the bleep sound. The output log even notes I've pressed the button, but nada.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:34 PM   #27
Paven
-- registered --
  • Feb 2015
Originally Posted by tarasis View Post
I hit that, you have to tag the skills which wasn't obvious at all.

I'm stuck. I've created my character and the "Play" button is lit, but all it does when I click it is the bleep sound. The output log even notes I've pressed the button, but nada.
Same thing happened to me. Neither of the premade characters are clickable either. Seems strange to release the beta if you can't start the game; anyone else get it to work?
Old 02-07-2015, 09:53 PM   #28
-Spooky-
-- co-founder --
  • Jul 2014
+1

Tried premade char, custom made. Nothing works. :)
Old 02-07-2015, 10:20 PM   #29
madmax
-- registered --
  • Feb 2015
+1

Last edited by madmax; 02-07-2015 at 10:22 PM. Reason: forgotten info
Old 02-08-2015, 12:16 AM   #30
unclecherring
-- co-founder --
  • Sep 2014
+1 has this been solved yet?