Old 12-03-2014, 01:53 AM   #1
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
The Prologue (SEA build) impressions
As you know, we send Instant Access to our beta build for every our backer. I've just encountered we should create this topic for your impressions. So feel free to share.
Old 12-03-2014, 03:21 AM   #2
ABC Warrior
-- co-founder --
  • Aug 2014
As you know I am a avid fan/backer and very keen to test this Prologue build but I haven't received an email and I do not know how to get hold of the release. I've checked the the forum and the co-founders area but can't spot anything. Can you help me out please?
Old 12-03-2014, 05:29 AM   #3
Ole
-- co-founder --
  • Nov 2014
Originally Posted by ABC Warrior View Post
As you know I am a avid fan/backer and very keen to test this Prologue build but I haven't received an email and I do not know how to get hold of the release. I've checked the the forum and the co-founders area but can't spot anything. Can you help me out please?
I haven't receved any e-mail either, maybe they opened this thread in advance and are filtering the e-mails to the pledges, give it a day or so :)

Last edited by Ole; 12-03-2014 at 05:38 AM. Reason: adding more info
Old 12-03-2014, 03:09 PM   #4
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
We just created several threads for coming news and release. Please, just wait for the news a little. You haven't missed anything :)
Old 12-04-2014, 12:04 AM   #5
Samjaza
-- co-founder --
  • Oct 2013
aww, file still Awaiting Authorisation, i have a few days off work and i was hoping to play around with the build soon.

--edit--

as i was writing this the file became available talk about timing.

Last edited by Samjaza; 12-04-2014 at 12:07 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:56 AM   #6
snapperhead
-- co-founder --
  • Mar 2014
where do i get the password from?
Old 12-04-2014, 02:29 AM   #7
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Originally Posted by snapperhead View Post
where do i get the password from?
You will receive your key for the Steam during next week. Other way you can find the password for stand alone build there: http://www.afterreset.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:31 PM   #8
Reaver
-- registered --
  • Dec 2014
Beta Impressions - Character creation
First of all, thank you, Black Cloud Studio, for releasing this update, lots of people were waiting for it!

I did not have the patience to wait for Steam =)

So, this is what I think:
1. I suggest you to add some option to disable the blur/distortion/flickering effect (or at least to decrease the frequency at which it appears, or make a hidden setting in some .ini file, etc). The thing is that it makes reading through character creation menu really hard.. at least I had to wait till it is gone to focus back on the text and continue reading. I counted 10 distortions during 60 seconds, which is approximately 1 every 6 secs, which I think is a little bit of an overkill.

But I like the way the distortion effect looks in general and I know that you guys spent some time designing and programing it, so, I do not encourage you to throw it away. For example in the intro it looks fine by me (and almost anywhere where you do not have to concentrate on small text IMHO).

2. A tiny typo in Perception stat description. ... - in Field-of-Sight (AoS) evaluation ... I suspect it should be "(FoS)". Did not have the will to sacrifice what was left of my eyesight and check all the texts (reasons mentioned earlier ;)

3. I really like the responsiveness of the interface! I have kind of a modern PC from 2011 (Phenom II 965BE, 16G of RAM, 2xRadeon 6870), and e.g. in Witcher 2 I was still experiencing extremely slow UI (especially when it came to character management) and here it works like you are in a normal Windows environment, no mouse slow-down, no menu delays, just as it should be!

4. I also like the overall style, text spacing, and color theme. Very neat, tidy interface. The grey smallest font though can be hard to see (but this might be my personal issue, since I do not have the perfect eyesight, or this can be due to the flickering effect I mentioned earlier). Maybe you could experiment with the font size enlargement just a little bit?

My overall impression: great work, but I wish the "Initiate Game Sequence With this Character" button was working...
Old 12-06-2014, 03:07 AM   #9
Binakot
-- co-founder --
  • Jul 2013
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post
First of all, thank you, Black Cloud Studio, for releasing this update, lots of people were waiting for it!

1. I suggest you to add some option to disable the blur/distortion/flickering effect (or at least to decrease the frequency at which it appears, or make a hidden setting in some .ini file, etc). The thing is that it makes reading through character creation menu really hard.. at least I had to wait till it is gone to focus back on the text and continue reading. I counted 10 distortions during 60 seconds, which is approximately 1 every 6 secs, which I think is a little bit of an overkill.

But I like the way the distortion effect looks in general and I know that you guys spent some time designing and programing it, so, I do not encourage you to throw it away. For example in the intro it looks fine by me (and almost anywhere where you do not have to concentrate on small text IMHO).

2. A tiny typo in Perception stat description. ... - in Field-of-Sight (AoS) evaluation ... I suspect it should be "(FoS)". Did not have the will to sacrifice what was left of my eyesight and check all the texts (reasons mentioned earlier ;)

3. I really like the responsiveness of the interface! I have kind of a modern PC from 2011 (Phenom II 965BE, 16G of RAM, 2xRadeon 6870), and e.g. in Witcher 2 I was still experiencing extremely slow UI (especially when it came to character management) and here it works like you are in a normal Windows environment, no mouse slow-down, no menu delays, just as it should be!

4. I also like the overall style, text spacing, and color theme. Very neat, tidy interface. The grey smallest font though can be hard to see (but this might be my personal issue, since I do not have the perfect eyesight, or this can be due to the flickering effect I mentioned earlier). Maybe you could experiment with the font size enlargement just a little bit?

My overall impression: great work, but I wish the "Initiate Game Sequence With this Character" button was working...
First, let me thank you for such detailed review of the build.
We consider every opinion and try to make the game the way it must be.

About the points:
1. Sure. We'll apply that in the next patch.
2. We'll fix that in the coming patch as well.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:49 AM   #10
Woiq
-- registered --
  • Jan 2014
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post

I completely agree with Reaver, but I would also suggest a larger letter font. The letter size makes the lengthy descriptions a bit difficult to read.