Old 03-30-2014, 05:44 PM   #71
Ahmad
-- co-founder --
  • Dec 2013
After Prologue :-)
Sorry couldn't help myself with the lame joke, but i digress...

So fingers crossed we get positive response to the prologue that will be released in summer/fall of 2014, what are the plans after that, will you guys try another shot at crowd funding like Kickstarter with smaller pledge amount(maybe 500K this time) and make the game in episodes? or perhaps try Indiegogo because they accept partial payments?

Regards,

Ahmad Khan
Old 04-01-2014, 03:41 AM   #72
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
So fingers crossed we get positive response to the prologue that will be released in summer/fall of 2014, what are the plans after that, will you guys try another shot at crowd funding like Kickstarter with smaller pledge amount(maybe 500K this time)
The plan is to complete 1st Gyes level (I mean storytelling, modelling, mechanics, dialogues etc), then restart the project on KS with $30-50k goal (to finish prologue part perfectly), then SEA.

or perhaps try Indiegogo because they accept partial payments?
I steel regard partial payments on Indiegogo unfair. But we can use that platform for adv purposes and lead people to our Direct Pledge section. The more people know about our game - the more support we'll get.

and make the game in episodes?
After Reset RPG should have an open world, thus it's pretty tough to slice it into peaces. But m.b. we can release it through SEA area by area or settlement or settlement by settlement, or even attract investors after SEA.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:52 PM   #73
Ahmad
-- co-founder --
  • Dec 2013
I understand sandbox rpg game are hard to implement as episodes, though I suppose some inspiration can be taken from fallout 3 and NewVegas where their dlc's are basically self-limiting territories (point lookout,Zion canyon,hopesville town, downtown pittsburg, bigMT valley etc etc) so Afterreset can be segmented into territories. Just my two cents though. Thanks for the prompt respond.

Regards,
Ahmad Khan
Old 04-04-2014, 03:26 AM   #74
tygrr
-- co-founder --
  • Nov 2013
Originally Posted by MrNixon View Post
The plan is to complete 1st Gyes level (I mean storytelling, modelling, mechanics, dialogues etc), then restart the project on KS with $30-50k goal (to finish prologue part perfectly), then SEA.
So if you are going to do another KS, would those of us that have already pledged/purchased through this site get some kind of bonus? Am I already locked in to getting a complete game (whenever it is completed) with the purchase I made? Just wondering how this all will work.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:07 AM   #75
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Originally Posted by tygrr View Post
So if you are going to do another KS, would those of us that have already pledged/purchased through this site get some kind of bonus?
Sure. You're early believers. And I believe that should be rewarded.

Originally Posted by tygrr View Post
Am I already locked in to getting a complete game (whenever it is completed) with the purchase I made? Just wondering how this all will work.
Do not worry, you have the game already :)
Old 04-04-2014, 04:24 PM   #76
tygrr
-- co-founder --
  • Nov 2013
Sure. You're early believers. And I believe that should be rewarded.
Much appreciated! While what you have been able to provide is limited, I definitely see a great potential with this game and the direction you are taking it.

Do not worry, you have the game already :)
Thank you for the reassurance. I wish I had the full game already!! :-D
Old 04-04-2014, 06:33 PM   #77
midorinaki
-- co-founder --
  • Jan 2014
Thank you for taking the time to answer questions from fans. I have a few of my own right now.

1. Are players only allowed one playthrough of hardcore mode, or will they be able to play it multiple times and only their first time counts towards quanton sync?

2. At what point will the player data be submitted to the quanton servers? At the end of their game or throughout? Will a player be able to delete their progress halfway through and start a new hardcore game, without losing their chance to have the new one synchronized?

3. An RPG like After Reset has the potential for incredible longevity and replay value. In "1-2 years after release", when the global ending is tabulated from player data collected from the quanton synchronization feature, what will happen to the playability of hardcore mode? Will the quanton synchronization aspect behind it become obsolete? Will players still be able to use that difficulty, if only for the thrill of some of the hardcore aspects?

4. Something about Fallout 1 and 2 is that the story behind the sequel assumes that the Vault Dweller (main character of the first game) was male regardless of which gender the player might have used in their own adventures. A lot of games actually do similar. If applicable, will quanton synchronization take the majority of what gender is played into account when determining that narrative behind the finalized story?

Last edited by midorinaki; 04-04-2014 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Inserted a third and fourth question.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:09 AM   #78
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Originally Posted by midorinaki View Post
1. Are players only allowed one playthrough of hardcore mode, or will they be able to play it multiple times and only their first time counts towards Quanton sync?
Well-timed question, midorinaki. We will add that info for ingame description. You will be able to play through the game in Hardcore Mode multiple times, but you can upload/synchronized the record of it only once.

2. At what point will the player data be submitted to the Quanton servers? At the end of their game or throughout? Will a player be able to delete their progress halfway through and start a new hardcore game, without losing their chance to have the new one synchronized?
Yes.

3. An RPG like After Reset has the potential for incredible longevity and replay value. In "1-2 years after release", when the global ending is tabulated from player data collected from the quanton synchronization feature, what will happen to the playability of hardcore mode? Will the quanton synchronization aspect behind it become obsolete? Will players still be able to use that difficulty, if only for the thrill of some of the hardcore aspects?
The Synchronization/Data-Transfer ability will be disables, likely. Your choices will build the world of After Reset after 132A.R. Frankly, in 2 years after AR release I'd like to make AR2 :) Where you will play another intriguing story for another race, in the world you forged through AR1. But first, I am sure we must prove (frankly, "exceed" would be better) your expectations about first game.

4. Something about Fallout 1 and 2 is that the story behind the sequel assumes that the Vault Dweller (main character of the first game) was male regardless of which gender the player might have used in their own adventures. A lot of games actually do similar. If applicable, will Quanton Synchronization take the majority of what gender is played into account when determining that narrative behind the finalized story?
First we thought to follow that gender/appearance unimportance. But roleplaying Dungen Master in me stand against it. I think to make your gender and appearance important in some situation due to Realism feature of the game. I mean in mathematical sociological simulations of our kind of Apocalypse the racial unions are very important. Look at the prisons - the race is one of the dominant traits that forms and divides groups. The gender is another important qualifier in post-apoc world. I'm going to write the lore news about "The role of the woman in After Reset world" later. But it is unlikely that raiders or reds would kill hostile woman. Though because woman is bonded with the basement of the Hierarchy of Needs. Beyond that women character should have another variants of motivation for quests.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:56 AM   #79
Okarix
-- co-founder --
  • Jan 2014
I have to ask... when will the graphic novel get realesed? Hate to be the nagging one here but I want to check out its quality before considering the money to support the KS reboot. Don't get me wrong, i'm still fascinated by the amazing detail of your setting and your enthusiasm for the project but up until now, the only thing i can do is to give you the benefit of the doubt and hope it is delivered. Thus, i am very eagerly waiting for a glimpse into your work as well as the first proof of your story-telling talent which is one of the core pillars of the game.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:39 PM   #80
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Originally Posted by Okarix View Post
I have to ask... when will the graphic novel get released? Thus, i am very eagerly waiting for a glimpse into your work as well as the first proof of your story-telling talent which is one of the core pillars of the game.
Sure, mate. It should be released this July (m.b. August). Frankly we've done story script writing. We've also tested it. The average marks from test audience (US) are: A+ (22-27yo), A/B+ (27-34yo), B (34-40yo), B- (40+yo). Today we've finished fixing it to make A+/A- for all segments of there audiences. If you already backed TFOG I cand send you the script for personal evaluation.