Old 03-08-2014, 09:09 AM   #61
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Originally Posted by Okarix View Post
So we will be fighting biomass in the prologue then? Which is kind of strange since according to the novel and the bunker lore, they are very dangerous creatures to an extent that they have to be locked in such a place and prove quite a challenge to a fully-trained, well-armed solider of the UG.
Good point. I don't think to confront Biomass would be smart idea in such circumstances. Learn, evade, be smart - are your key factors to survive that.

Originally Posted by Cassidy View Post
Will the co-founder package stay like that until the late august?
Not sure. I think we'll be already on Steam Early Access by August. Thus all digital versions and add-ons will be available through Steam. I'd like to make "Co-Founder" title some kind of really rare, unique and honorable thing. Those guys believed in us when the whole world said "it is impossible for indie, don't even try". So I feel great sincere gratitude to them and I'll do my best to reward those true believers.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:10 PM   #62
Golyka
-- co-founder --
  • Mar 2014
The game possesses cycles of day and night and weather? I don't see that.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:58 PM   #63
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Originally Posted by Golyka View Post
The game possesses cycles of day and night and weather? I don't see that.
Yes.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:25 AM   #64
Okarix
-- co-founder --
  • Jan 2014
The game possesses cycles of day and night and weather? I don't see that
Yes.
Can you elaborate more on that?Will the cycle of day and night affects NPCs 's schedules,behaviours and thus,be able to affect the quest system and their executations dramatically?Will the weather system has any real effect(catching a cold perharps?Exactly what Cassidy asked), or just be included for the sake of it?It all comes down to budget after all,but i still remember the feeling of awe i had upon realizing time actually matter in fallout 1,you have to be there at a right time for certain things to happen( the boxing in Junktown,the undead city quest line...) in contrast to,say,fallout 3. It is one of the most important things to make a true Rpg for me,since it leads to..remember C&C?=:D

Also damn it,just one week left,i really hope the novel will make it this time,putting 10$ there myself,small amout but that's all i can help for now.No matter how this turns out,you know your fanbase will always stick with you right?

Last edited by Okarix; 03-15-2014 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:36 PM   #65
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Can you elaborate more on that?
Yes, with time.

Will the cycle of day and night affects NPCs 's schedules, behaviours and thus, be able to affect the quest system and their executations dramatically?
Sure. Like it was in good old Fallout 1&2 and Neverwinter Nights 1&2.

Will the weather system has any real effect(catching a cold perharps? Exactly what Cassidy asked)?
On health - no.

Also damn it, just one week left, I really hope the novel will make it this time, putting 10$ there myself, small amout but that's all I can help for now. No matter how this turns out, you know your fanbase will always stick with you right?
Thanks, man. Sure. *fist bump*
Old 03-19-2014, 09:02 PM   #66
tygrr
-- co-founder --
  • Nov 2013
Will we be seeing a March update in the store for backers and backed amount? The store is still showing "February, 2014: 247 backers, $10.045 pledged". How much more needs to be pledged to get an Early Access Steam version of the game going?
Old 03-19-2014, 10:54 PM   #67
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Originally Posted by tygrr View Post
Will we be seeing a March update in the store for backers and backed amount?
Sure, in 2 weeks. Now we work hard to demonstrate you our progress by the beginning of April.

The store is still showing "February, 2014: 247 backers, $10.045 pledged".
Currently, it is $13,783 from 331 backer.

How much more needs to be pledged to get an Early Access Steam version of the game going?
SEA prologue should be ready by this summer. Alpha Test - earlier. I keep putting own money into it and we're doing our best to keep the development process completely transparent. We've already shown some parts of the new build to some journalists... picky journalists. And they all said "wow" :) Stay tuned. Your attitude means a lot.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:26 PM   #68
tygrr
-- co-founder --
  • Nov 2013
Thanks for the quick response! I can't wait to see what you guys have put together! This game is going to be awesome!
Old 03-21-2014, 02:21 PM   #69
Okarix
-- co-founder --
  • Jan 2014
Congrats on the success of the novel's Kickstater. To be honest, I was prepared for the worst to happen again but... never underestimated the people I guess, especially on Kickstarter. Even though just a very small part of it is contributed by me, I do feel like it"s my own victory. You see, sometimes, happiness is like gravity! :)

So, traditionally, please bear with me when i submit the questions of this week:
- Will AR featured any kind of perk system? It is certainly one of if not the most addictive mechanic of the good old Fallouts.
- If it does then will the perk system has anything to do with the "enhanced reality implant" mechanic mentioned in an early interview? More elaboration on that Deux Ex Human Revolution - inspired thing in the future will also be appreciated!

Seriously, the Chimera Industries track is freaking awesome,is there any legitimate way to get the soundtrack when the game is released,i'll probably have some free cash to spend by then!

Glad to hear that the game development is processing well and fast.Between this and Wasteland 2,there can't be a better time to be a post-apocalypse RPG fan!=:)

Last edited by Okarix; 03-23-2014 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:18 PM   #70
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Thank you, Okarix.

Will AR featured any kind of perk system?
Yes. Feats system. Something between Fallout 1,2,VB and classical DnD.

If it does then will the perk system has anything to do with the "enhanced reality implant" mechanic mentioned in an early interview?
Several Races (like the Pastagers you'll be playing for) have their unique Augmentations Features.

For Pastagers this feature is ability to plug and use SBI-implants (Synthetic Biology Implants). They don't change the nature of the man and are used as augmented reality enhancers, tactical advisers etc. It is not mandatory for UG citizens to have such implants. Despite that it is some kind of trend among several professions and wealthy citizens. This kind of implants doesn't cause rejection but it consumes STATS of their hosts because they use people's brain as hardware symbiotically.

Several practical applications of this implant are tactical displaying optimal range for your equipped weapon, inspecting average health stage of hostiles within your perception range, identifying their weapon types or even marking spotted items, etc.