Old 01-31-2014, 04:38 PM   #41
Cassidy
-- registered --
  • Jan 2014
Originally Posted by SubjectEight View Post
Much appreciated, thanks.

I think a definite class hierarchy of pure and mutated humans of varying degrees and varieties would be fascinating. For some reason I get a picture of something similar to the slums from District 9 in a more developed settlement of the wasteland, but with mutated humans instead of refugee aliens. If we were to encounter pockets of remaining aliens I'd imagine they'd be a bit hostile, and unwilling to be subjected to the prejudices of pure humans, after the war.

Exactly, we already have plenty of ''hate'' now, imagine in such fragile world. And it's one of the most basic stincts is to stick around to people that look the ''same'' as you.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:48 PM   #42
SubjectEight
-- co-founder --
  • Dec 2013
Originally Posted by Cassidy View Post
Exactly, we already have plenty of ''hate'' now, imagine in such fragile world. And it's one of the most basic stincts is to stick around to people that look the ''same'' as you.
Not to mention slavery where The New Confederacy is involved.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:48 AM   #43
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Will be there ''racism'' in the game? Like, pure humans will have natural hatred against slightly mutated humans.
Racism, yes. Racism applied for mutants - I guess, not.

In real circumstances of post-apocalyptic life predicted by scientific and social points of view, there cant be too many "hardly visible" mutants. They appears from time to time but they extinguish fast.

But "social racism" is almost inevitable. After 30-40 years after apocalypse survives follow to human tendency of racial groups concentration. Of course, in AR world that tendency was weakened by globalization during the Past Age, but in the game you can meet some societies that are united by ethnic affiliation (e.g. Church of Saint Eli - that consists of Afro-Americans and disapproves slavery... but they are part of the New Confederacy).

Speaking of the last one, they regard pastagers as intruders or hostile race. They hate and scared of them... mostly.

In its turn, by 132AR there are debates in UG Council about whether regard survivors as equal people or as "third class race".

Thus, my friends, we are on the threshold of big conflicts, unexpected twists and real people's lives ahead. And all those you can affect and interfere with. Not only for the game but for the whole setting, whole world of After Reset.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:56 PM   #44
Cassidy
-- registered --
  • Jan 2014
Originally Posted by MrNixon View Post
Racism, yes. Racism applied for mutants - I guess, not.

But "social racism" is almost inevitable. After 30-40 years after apocalypse survives follow to human tendency of racial groups concentration. Of course, in AR world that tendency was weakened by globalization during the Past Age, but in the game you can meet some societies that are united by ethnic affiliation (e.g. Church of Saint Eli - that consists of Afro-Americans and disapproves slavery... but they are part of the New Confederacy).
This makes it even more ''hard sci-fi''. One thing that people do not put is racism in games, because it's polemical, but I think in a PA society certanly would be racism, Like the 4th Reich on Metro Series. Not saying that you should put a new KKK but something to represent this hatred would not hurt.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:43 PM   #45
veradin
-- co-founder --
  • Nov 2013
Will you be able to adjust body proportions at all, or at least go between a few presets? Also, when do you think we'll be able to try out the character creation?
Old 02-08-2014, 08:31 AM   #46
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Originally Posted by veradin View Post
Will you be able to adjust body proportions at all, or at least go between a few presets? Also, when do you think we'll be able to try out the character creation?
Yes. During the Appearance stage of Character Creation you'll be able to adjust a select number of cosmetic personal options, such as the name, height, girth, and an optional background. By the game's release you'll also be able to customize the head (more than 20 variants), body type (3 variants), ethnicity, and eye color of your characters, but the STEAM Early Access version will be limited to normal (mesomorph) body type, blue-eyes, and Caucasian skin tone.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:46 PM   #47
Cassidy
-- registered --
  • Jan 2014
Are all the companion already planned or can we contribute with ideas on that thread?
Old 02-10-2014, 07:20 PM   #48
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Are all the companion already planned or can we contribute with ideas on that thread?
Despite they are preset, I'm always open for inspiration. So, please, feel free to bring new ideas.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:35 AM   #49
Okarix
-- co-founder --
  • Jan 2014
Everyone,check out this channel,it is brilliant:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJJaGSV75y0
So,from this video's view,the question is: Which Type of choices will be presented in After Reset?(Personally, I hope it is more Fallout and less Mass Effect)
Also,appiled to the context of AR world:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvwlt4FqmS0
"What do they eat?":)

Last edited by Okarix; 02-12-2014 at 04:57 AM.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:12 PM   #50
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Originally Posted by Okarix View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJJaGSV75y0 So,from this video's view,the question is: Which Type of choices will be presented in After Reset?
Simulation type.

Originally Posted by Okarix View Post
Also,applied to the context of AR world: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvwlt4FqmS0"What do they eat?"=:)
I always asks the same question playing all games announced as "true RPG" :)