Old 01-27-2014, 04:10 PM   #31
Okarix
-- co-founder --
  • Jan 2014
Greeting from Asia!

Just Backed for 35$. Here is small question: Why can't i access the co-founder page?

Having noticed this project ever since the Kickstarter but due to money restriction, up until now can join the party with you guys. This is truly a very promising project that deserve more money not just from myself but also many other true RPGs fan out there. Trust me when I say that there is definitely a market for this one,people just don't realize it yet (if not seriously where Wasteland 2 and Pillar of Eternity get all these funding from?). In my humble opinion,the reason of the failure of your Kickstarter page is the presentation of the game. Please don't misunderstand what I said,your writing about the game is very good, it represents your passion about this project not just as a game developer but also as a fan and is capable of communicating this to its readers which is why i decided to put my trust on you. But the problem lies in the fact that most people nowadays won't be willing to read through all the texts,and unfortunately,unlike Inxile or Obsidian,you have nothing to back you up except for some mere inspirations (damn great one) and a very poor video(5 minutes and seriously nothing happen?). Sorry for behaving like an I-know-it-better-than-you archetype,but us backers are all here for your success (for creating a wonderful game) and eventually ours as well (for being able to experience it and help getting it made), I think to be able to succeed next time,you need to find a better way to show people the potential of this great game,especially for the break through point: the setting which is described as a sci-fi apocalypse with a focus on realism is something that has never been made into a video game before (as far as I know it) the global ending,and the fact that this game is not entirely about the apocalypse,the cyberdog multilayer part is good as well.

Last edited by Okarix; 01-28-2014 at 04:54 AM.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:41 PM   #32
Okarix
-- co-founder --
  • Jan 2014
Another questions: Can I craft anything? Can I make my own armors, medicine and weapons? Being able to adjust and adding multiple parts to your gun the way you want will be fun as hell? Will there be any companions from other races apart from human?

Your SACPIC mechanic seem to be very interesting, I hope there will be more to it than just good and evil moral like Fallout 1 and 2. I love Fallout but I only played them once as for some reason, I can't bring myself to the evil path even in a game, but I do multiple pay-through for some recent RPGs such as the Witcher or Souls series because everything in those games is ambiguous as f*ck, you can't tell if someone is telling the truth or not and no matter what you choose someone will always get the shortest end stick. Just like in real life,there is no such person who dedicate completely for a black or white choices (actually there might be but it is extremely difficult to live that way because life gonna punish you either way).

I also expect there will be more balance between stats and traits than Fallout(the only useful stats are always speech and lockpicking and as far as i know ,throwing weapons suck,though fallout 2 is a bit better with the charisma stats actually means something).

And one more crucial part,please do not dumb lore on me the way the TeS series did in Oblivion and Skyrim, I love lore but not everything have to be delivered through a mountain of poor written books that break the immersion of the game or not everyone you meet in the game have to explain to you all the history in the world. The point is: the lore has to be intriguing and be told in a way that is good enough to make me care about it in the first place, it should be found instead of spoonfed, and no game has done it better than the Souls's series.

Last but not least, about all of the above, I can't speak for Baldur's Gate or Planescape due to the fact that I have never played it but definitely would,please forgive my too-long-for-its-own-good post and my clumsy English, I just want you to know that you have my trust and I, along with all backers, will stick with you till the end. Have a good day! =:)

Last edited by Okarix; 01-31-2014 at 05:22 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:55 AM   #33
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Originally Posted by Okarix View Post
Just Backed for 35$. Here is small question: Why can't i access the co-founder page?
Thanks, man. For your material support and oppinion. It usually takes about 24 to parse backers' data. I've just sent you the letter with your Instant Access and your forum account has been upgraded to Co-Founder.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:12 AM   #34
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Can I craft anything? Can I make my own armors, medicine and weapons?
I'd really like to add that possibility. But for now it is vague: whether it will be full crafted economy (like in Fallout 2238) or just unique recipes (like in Neverwinter Nights). Anyway, I really intend to use real ingredients and real formulas to crafting system: soap, explosive, drugs, weapons, electronics etc. Don't try this at home till apocalypse :)

Will there be any companions from other races apart from human?
From other races - yes. From other species - almost no. That should be realistic hardcore sci-fi. Most of your companions will be from Survivor race, One from Stalker. One from Pastager. And of course - cyberdog, as I promised.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:47 PM   #35
SubjectEight
-- co-founder --
  • Dec 2013
Will there be a DRM free copy of the prologue? I have Steam and use it, but i definitely enjoy games more when I don't have it hanging over my head.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:30 PM   #36
Cassidy
-- registered --
  • Jan 2014
Will the game have gore? ( I am a huge Fallout fan, loved to see my shotgun blowing ribs out at the first and 2nd) I mean, can I see people dying in painful ways?

Sounded more psycho than it should, but, I think you got what I mean. Also, Is this right place to ask stuff like this? XD
Old 01-30-2014, 04:41 AM   #37
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Originally Posted by Cassidy View Post
Will the game have gore? ( I am a huge Fallout fan, loved to see my shotgun blowing ribs out at the first and 2nd) I mean, can I see people dying in painful ways?
Sure. You can back for even more in Digital Add-Ons Pledges : ENHANCED VIOLENCE ANIMATIONS.

Also, Is this right place to ask stuff like this? XD
It is, mate.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:45 AM   #38
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Originally Posted by SubjectEight View Post
Will there be a DRM free copy of the prologue? I have Steam and use it, but i definitely enjoy games more when I don't have it hanging over my head.
We'll figure out something for our backers. STEAM doesn't prohibit that.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:28 PM   #39
Cassidy
-- registered --
  • Jan 2014
Will be there ''racism'' in the game? Like, pure humans will have natural hatred against slightly mutated humans.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:06 AM   #40
SubjectEight
-- co-founder --
  • Dec 2013
Originally Posted by MrNixon View Post
We'll figure out something for our backers. STEAM doesn't prohibit that.
Much appreciated, thanks.

Will be there ''racism'' in the game? Like, pure humans will have natural hatred against slightly mutated humans.
I think a definite class hierarchy of pure and mutated humans of varying degrees and varieties would be fascinating. For some reason I get a picture of something similar to the slums from District 9 in a more developed settlement of the wasteland, but with mutated humans instead of refugee aliens. If we were to encounter pockets of remaining aliens I'd imagine they'd be a bit hostile, and unwilling to be subjected to the prejudices of pure humans, after the war.

Last edited by SubjectEight; 01-31-2014 at 03:22 AM. Reason: reply to Cassidy