Old 09-01-2014, 04:41 PM   #121
Edd
-- co-founder --
  • Oct 2013
Originally Posted by MrNixon View Post
That would be much easier for you and us to manage rewards if your e-mails on AR and KS were the same. If you want to change your e-mail for this AR account you just need to send me PM with the e-mail you want to set. And thank you for your support, Edd.
PM sent - and thank YOU, Sir!
Old 09-01-2014, 05:10 PM   #122
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Originally Posted by ABC Warrior View Post
Are you accepting suggestions to possible changes to the rewards for different pledge levels or are they set in stone? If so I would like to suggest that it would perhaps be worth adding a little more to the DIGITAL LEUTENANT reward. As it stands it costs an additional $42 over DIGITAL SERGEANT (for which I have already pledged) for what seems to me a somewhat nebulous reward. DIGITAL SERGEANT gives rewards that I can see will have a definite positive effect on personal gameplay but I can't say the same for DIGITAL LEUTENANT. Now I understand this may well be my lack of understanding of the Five-for-One feat but I feel something a little more tangible would encourage more people (including myself) to jump to this pledge level. Even something as simple as a choice of an additional free feat from a pre-defined list would feel better to me or perhaps some special item of starting gear. Please share your views on this matter or perhaps explain what makes the Five-for-One worth the additional money.
First, thank you for you for your support, mate, as well as for your willingness to help even more.

Then about "What makes Five-for-One interesting?": This is the first time in my history, as a gamer, when any player could really affect the setting of RPG world. When you completed Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic or Mass Effect - it didn't affect the setting of Faerun, Planes, Star Wars universe, or Galaxy... Despite your personal ending - you was not able to affect the setting, to leave their mark on history. This time, in After Reset RPG, you'll have that chance. E.g. if you kill a NPC and majority of players does the same - that NPC will die in the whole official setting. We are going to create a new type of RPG sandbox where the history of the world is really made by players. Five-for-One gives you ability (as well as responsibility) to make decisions that are counted 5 times more important (keep in mind that in Global Affection mode you'll be able to send your decisions record only once).

And about "Does it worth it?": We are not greedy corps, we are just a dedicated indie devs, common gamers like you. So we don't want to preying on you. So that Five-for-One can't be something very substantial. It is just slightly more benefit for those who just don't care a lot about money. We really appreciate your willingness to help, mate. I mean it. If that "Five-for-One" feat doesn't sound interesting for you then there is no problem. There are many interesting small side projects in After Reset setting ahead, - just save your money for them :) But first, we need to fulfill our current obligations for After Reset RPG and AR: The Fall of Gyes. We need to meet (or even overwhelm) your expectations, to proof our "wow"-abilities and passion to AR IP. After that, let's our deeds encourage you to get involved more.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:04 AM   #123
CsAtlantis
-- registered --
  • Aug 2014
Hi, just wondering (if anyone has asked this before please point me to the answer), are there plans to let the Prologue tie in to the main game?

As in, will our choices in the Prologue carry over to the main game (or change the main game's story like Global mode?)
Old 09-04-2014, 09:41 PM   #124
jetcutter
-- co-founder --
  • Jul 2013
Originally Posted by CsAtlantis View Post
Hi, just wondering (if anyone has asked this before please point me to the answer), are there plans to let the Prologue tie in to the main game?

As in, will our choices in the Prologue carry over to the main game (or change the main game's story like Global mode?)
I was curious about this myself..
Old 09-24-2014, 10:54 AM   #125
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Originally Posted by CsAtlantis View Post
Are there plans to let the Prologue tie in to the main game? As in, will our choices in the Prologue carry over to the main game (or change the main game's story like Global mode?)
Yes, indeed. The choices you make in the Prologue will stay with you and affect the future adventures and your story. Global Mode will be available only after all chapters released so that you'll be able to make one solid play through the game and lay your mark in the whole AR setting.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:51 PM   #126
Jobby
-- co-founder --
  • Dec 2013
Backer email arrived at last! (I decided to back this game for the DC physical copy despite my grumbling earlier. Cheers Kell Brook :)

Just a quick question, will the final boxed copy be the actual final boxed copy? My point being I would rather download the episodes as they arrive and receive the full box at the end as opposed to having a disc with just a prologue on it.

Secondly I really hope the episodes raise a bit of money for you guys as I was really looking forward to the realistic crafting recipes that were promised with the CE box set, not a deal breaker and I understand your point regarding the funding needed but it would still be a disappointment if they didn't make the final cut.

Last edited by Jobby; 10-08-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:59 PM   #127
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Originally Posted by Jobby View Post
Just a quick question, will the final boxed copy be the actual final boxed copy? My point being I would rather download the episodes as they arrive and receive the full box at the end as opposed to having a disc with just a prologue on it.
Yes, boxed copy will contain the full game. Meanwhile you can enjoy playing downloaded episodes.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:31 AM   #128
Ole
-- co-founder --
  • Nov 2014
I see the character level does not exceed lvl 20, will it be challenging to gain xp? I like a good challenge instead of a walk in the park. And will weapons and armor have lvl lock or some other features? Are you also adding faction ratings?

Lol lots of questions here :)

Last edited by Ole; 11-30-2014 at 01:36 AM.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:49 AM   #129
ABC Warrior
-- co-founder --
  • Aug 2014
Oh I hadn't noticed a level cap of 20. Doesn't seem high enough to me. I was rather hoping for something higher to strive for, over 30 would sound more meaty, as level cap can often reflect the length of the game depending on how experience is dished out. A level 20 cap feels like old school 1st or 2nd edition D&D to me (sorry I'm an old timer)! Will this be extended in the future or is it fixed? I too am very interested in receiving answers to Ole's questions. I personally also want this game to be challenging rather than a walk in the park. Also will you do something to encode saved game files so that can't be easily modified? I believe you should have to work to get through a game not just make yourself a god overnight. Great questions Ole!
Old 11-30-2014, 02:51 PM   #130
Ole
-- co-founder --
  • Nov 2014
Thanks ABC Warrior!
What I don't want to see is lvl'ing out long before the main quest(s) is finished by doing some side quests or just exploring the map. Fallout 2 and New Vegas is two examples where the character build and feel for the game is very good, but they didn't have a cap of 20 which in Fallout 3 without the extension made me feel like something wasn't quite right. Fallout 3 is a good RPG, don't get me wrong. It had maybe something to do with main storyline as well as many other facors that made me feel something was missing.

Anyway, if there is a good reason for the cap then I'm all for it as long as it doesn't affect the build or the feel(expectations) for the gameplay.