Old 07-16-2014, 12:16 PM   #101
Spada05
-- registered --
  • Jul 2014
I recently discovered/backed the game, and am loving what I see so far.

I know you intend to have an open world, but how "open-world" do you intend it to be? If I decide to be purely evil and kill literally everyone I come across, will my story/the world's story still progress? Assuming there is an over-arching "completion" goal, will that still be attainable?
Old 07-16-2014, 12:53 PM   #102
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Originally Posted by Spada05 View Post
I recently discovered/backed the game, and am loving what I see so far.
Glad to hear that. Welcome aboard.

I know you intend to have an open world, but how "open-world" do you intend it to be?
"Open-world" is intended to be like one in Fallout 1&2.

If I decide to be purely evil and kill literally everyone I come across, will my story/the world's story still progress? Assuming there is an over-arching "completion" goal, will that still be attainable?
Yes, you can kill everything and everyone you meet. Frankly, you can try. As it looks like After Reset RPG will be the first hard sci-fi video game and due to our passion to realism - I guess, you'll die a lot till you'll figure out that even if you're true evil sociopath you can't kill everything and it is smart decision to cooperate with some people for your own good. Anyways, your main quest or quests still will be attainable. Just remember, this is not space opera and you're not Shepard here :)
Old 07-16-2014, 12:57 PM   #103
Spada05
-- registered --
  • Jul 2014
Yes, you can kill everything and everyone you meet. Frankly, you can try. As it looks like After Reset RPG will be the first hard sci-fi video game and due to our passion to realism - I guess, you'll die a lot till you'll figure out that even if you're true evil sociopath you can't kill everything and it is smart decision to cooperate with some people for your own good. Anyways, your main quest or quests still will be attainable. Just remember, this is not space opera and you're not Shepard here :)
I'm imagining trying to run around like a sociopath and getting slaughtered left and right. Sounds hilarious, I'm in! I'll surely save beforehand ;)

Last edited by Spada05; 07-16-2014 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:47 PM   #104
Jobby
-- co-founder --
  • Dec 2013
Hi there, I am a long time watcher of these forums and I have to say I am thoroughly disappointed with the kickstarter campaign and the amount of money you expect people to pay for the the full physical game $137 plus P&P is a ******** joke for those who want to show faith in you, I wouldn't pay that for a full price AAA modern game i could play tomorrow. D:OS, Wasteland 2, Project Eternity, Deliverance, etc etc etc did not ask this sum of money from their backers why should you?
Old 07-19-2014, 11:42 PM   #105
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Originally Posted by Jobby View Post
Hi there, I am a long time watcher of these forums and I have to say I am thoroughly disappointed with the kickstarter campaign and the amount of money you expect people to pay for the the full physical game $137 plus P&P is a ******** joke for those who want to show faith in you, I wouldn't pay that for a full price AAA modern game i could play tomorrow. D:OS, Wasteland 2, Project Eternity, Deliverance, etc etc etc did not ask this sum of money from their backers why should you?
Thank your for watching us, Jobby. Let me explain. First, if you will just need the game on DVD and the OST on CD, you can easely write your DRM-free version on them home for free - that will cost nothing. Second, if you like to have prints of high quality, cool collectable box, etc. - you can approach manufactures by yourself and see that the price we announced is just the prime cost for small consignments like ours. Those brands you mentioned have millions of dollars in their budgets and they can afford dozens thousands of copies. We are indie with several k's in our small budget - we just can't afford such sizes of orders. Please, try to understand. We don't have even a cent from physical rewards.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:33 AM   #106
Thefuzzyone
-- registered --
  • Jul 2014
Speaking of physical copies will those of us that opted for one will we have access to a digital version? I'd rather leave my box sealed if possible just for the sake of keeping it looking pretty. 2nd I've seen it said that backers get access to a tech demo. Where would I get my hands on that?
Old 07-20-2014, 09:35 AM   #107
Jobby
-- co-founder --
  • Dec 2013
Apologies for coming across so forcefully, I do understand I am just disappointed that the "full" directors cut is probably outwith my price range, I will still follow your campaign and wish you all the best, who knows perhaps I'll run into money before the end of the campaign.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:16 PM   #108
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Originally Posted by Thefuzzyone View Post
Speaking of physical copies will those of us that opted for one will we have access to a digital version? I'd rather leave my box sealed if possible just for the sake of keeping it looking pretty.
With no doubts.

Originally Posted by Thefuzzyone View Post
2nd I've seen it said that backers get access to a tech demo. Where would I get my hands on that?
If you backed via KS, then you need to wait the end of campaign first.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:14 PM   #109
mercy
-- registered --
  • Jul 2014
The "Gyes" Bunker: First Screenshots look already better than crappy Wasteland 2 graphics, I humbly think.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:39 PM   #110
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Originally Posted by mercy View Post
The "Gyes" Bunker: First Screenshots look already better than crappy Wasteland 2 graphics, I humbly think.
Thank you.