Old 09-16-2014, 10:20 AM   #11
Daz
-- registered --
  • Aug 2014
The setting is already done from what I've read. I like the sci-fi element however it seems just like a variant of fallout-wasteland plus alien artifacts. Honestly I don't care much about indians, or new confederacy and such... it adds too much american flavour for me personally.

If I was making such a game I would probably set the plot on another planet (abandoned mining colony or some other backwater world, probably a desert type planet) - that would open up possiblities to make entirely different flora, fauna and landscapes you simply can't have if you stick to Earth.

The bigger plot woud be something like humanity started their expansion to other systems, colonizing other worlds, blah, blah, human civilization flourished due to newly obtained resources until they encountered a technologically equal and just as agressive alien species and the war for dominance has been raging since. Due to war humanity was forced to abandon some of it's less important colonies to protect Earth.

Some few hunderd years after that the war still rages in a bitter stale mate and this is where your story will begin. You would one of the Earth's battlefleet members and after one of the numerous battles with aliens your small space ship is badly damaged and forced to crash land on the before mentioned planet. You would be the only one of your crew to survive the crash, after examining the ship you find out it's beyond repair, to be worse even your comms system is damaged so you can't send a distress signal. Since life-support is failing too you have to get out and head toward abandoned colonies hoping you will find something or someone to help you there....
Old 09-20-2014, 04:20 PM   #12
Okarix
-- co-founder --
  • Jan 2014
@Daz: Too much Halo for my taste mate. Moreover, it would be more compatible as a scenario for a FPS game than as a well-enough setting for a rpg, especially one belongs to the more complex type of rpg like this.

Really appreciate the amount of efforts go into fleshing out the details of the AR world such as culture, history, military documents, technical information... Really help adding more layers of depth and a distinctive feel to the setting compared to others. Can't wait for the game to come out to have a chance to learn more about it!
Old 09-22-2014, 03:17 PM   #13
Daz
-- registered --
  • Aug 2014
Originally Posted by Okarix View Post
@Daz: Too much Halo for my taste mate. Moreover, it would be more compatible as a scenario for a FPS game than as a well-enough setting for a rpg, especially one belongs to the more complex type of rpg like this.

!

Honestly wouldn't know since i didnt play Halo. However i dont agree with you since I thinkthere are no fps or rpg settings by default, you think too much inside the box anx certain strreotypes. My scenario was just an example but I would like to see new games with distinctively new stories anx backgrounds instead of variations on the fallout theme. You can achieve dystopian post apocalyptic feel without standard radiation, nuclear apocalypse and mutants that was my point.

Last edited by Daz; 09-22-2014 at 03:17 PM.