Old 01-31-2014, 06:23 PM   #1
Cassidy
-- registered --
  • Jan 2014
Suggestions for the Setting
I think it's self explanatory. I am not sure if I should create this, or if there is another, proper place to do it, so, If you delete this I apologize :)

Also, This story is very well developed, as it seems, so I just wanted to start a thread so people can discuss stuff that may or not be in the game, and maybe help in some details. Mr. Dixon, is this allowed? This would be more a speculation thread anyways.

Sorry for my bad English.

Last edited by Cassidy; 01-31-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:01 PM   #2
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Originally Posted by Cassidy View Post
Also, This story is very well developed, as it seems, so I just wanted to start a thread so people can discuss stuff that may or not be in the game, and maybe help in some details. Mr. Dixon, is this allowed?
Frankly, I think it is a good idea.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:52 PM   #3
Cassidy
-- registered --
  • Jan 2014
Originally Posted by MrNixon View Post
Frankly, I think it is a good idea.
Yeey! Last start!

As said in the F.A.Q. About conflicts between Normal humans and not so normal ones. The idea of a Distric 9-ish thing was interesting (reminds me of Vault City). Maybe, the Confederation, for example, uses "mutant" Labor, but they are starting to get pissed off about being low-class citzens. The Player can make a huge blow against the NewConf by helping this mutants in an Uprising, might help the NC by killing\arresting the major "Mutant-Rights" manifestators, or can try to find a middle solution, were both win. This is quite black and white though, so I thought about some consequences:

1. Helping the Mutants*, make some special tasks for the most radical groups (saboutage, political murders, terrorism...) And help them in their uprising, in a way that the moderate mutants got kicked out, so the entire NC** get's seized by the radical mutants, that became more like the bad guys, trying to destroy the pure humans (they could say that they are the new master race or smth XD).

1.2: Instead of helping them at the uprising, help the moderate ones or don't do anything, this could lead to a bloody civil war between pure humans, and both mutant factions.

2. Helping the Mutants, Keep the radical faction under control, help them (manifestations{?} propaganda, sabotage). During the uprising, they will not kill every human, but will kick them out. They might become a terrorist group in the New Democratic Confederation. (Can have the same civil war as above).

These are my Ideas for the mutants. I just thought about it, and some stuff might not fit in the game (because of the story or the mechanics) also, I made this just before sleep, so might be nonsense or bad written XD

* I don't see them like super duper weird people, more like deformed guys, like overly muscular. You got it.

** I put the New Confederation here, but can be a minor faction. Just put here following the idea of Subject Eight in the FAQ thread.

Really sorry for the bad writing.

|Edit: Now I read the answer in the FAQ. These suggestions can be easily applied to the social situation easily, I believe.

Last edited by Cassidy; 02-01-2014 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:24 PM   #4
Cassidy
-- registered --
  • Jan 2014
Another suggestion: Work as a double agent. Helping the stalkers while working for the UG, stuff like that. And please, my fellow comrades, comment! You can comment on suggestions of others, post your own, stuff like that. I fell alone here :(
Old 02-19-2014, 09:37 AM   #5
Okarix
-- co-founder --
  • Jan 2014
About the plot of the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRsqAmuxjNk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bwdIdVHelg

Considering myself as a true RPGs fan so for me,what matter the most to get an memorable role-playing experience out of a RPG is the setting and the plot. Thus, I can't help but wondering: "what will the plot of one of my most anticipated titles be like?:) I know you don't want to reveal any detail of the story yet to avoid as much spoilers as possible and deliver a full-pack surprise gift to the player but... according to your quotation in an interview that this game's main idea is not entirely about the apocalypse and it can be fitted into one sentence,is it safe to say we finally get a story that involves an interesting moral question like: "What can change the nature of a man?" for us to find our own answer and think of after all those years of waiting instead of just: "defeating the great evil and get lai... I mean save the world of course. In short my question is: which direction is the story heading to? Heroic or realism? A bit of both? Planescape:torment or... well, almost all other games? (with some rare exceptions such as the Witcher series, Dark Souls, Shadow of the collosus...)

Personally, I like the way your story is presented right now which is covered in mystery and still ambigious as best. I can't wait to explore it myself. Either way, as long as the game arrives with quality, so happy I backed this :)
Old 02-20-2014, 12:54 AM   #6
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Originally Posted by Okarix View Post
I know you don't want to reveal any detail of the story yet to avoid as much spoilers as possible and deliver a full-pack surprise gift to the player but... according to your quotation in an interview that this game's main idea is not entirely about the apocalypse and it can be fitted into one sentence...
You got the idea. The main idea of the game doesn't lie in Apocalypse. I was a kid when first met that idea in the story end of a little-known video game. I was really astonished for a week bonding my reality with the game's one. So the apocalypse atmosphere is just a scenery of this story. You story.

moral question like: "What can change the nature of a man?"
Not that question. I cant imagine ordinary player shaving at the morning and putting this question to the mirror. I've reserved some intimate question that any true RPG player asks himself eventually or subconsciously.

which direction is the story heading to? Heroic or realism? A bit of both?
Realism.

Planescape:torment or... well, almost all other games?
Planescape, BG, Fallout 1&2. A bit of The Last Of Us in companions' characters, I guess.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:38 PM   #7
Okarix
-- co-founder --
  • Jan 2014
You got the idea. The main idea of the game doesn't lie in Apocalypse. I was a kid when first met that idea in the story end of a little-known video game. I was really astonished for a week bonding my reality with the game's one. So the apocalypse atmosphere is just a scenery of this story. You story.
Now you not only give me more goosebumps about the game but also increase my curiosity to the max with this mysterious title. Maybe after AR is released for a while, would you consider revealing that old gem for us? I would be more than willing to check whatever has inspired you to create all these wonderful things out and, for all i know,there is a high change it could still be purchased with a good deal thanks to GOG's goodness:). After all, a game that is capable of diving deep into our mind even after the credit rolled to the point making us question about the real world is always a great game in my book!

Last edited by Okarix; 02-22-2014 at 06:58 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:32 PM   #8
Cassidy
-- registered --
  • Jan 2014
What really got me was the realism. Glad to see that is heading this way. I love the feeling of being ''only one more guy in the world'' and yet have the possibility to achive great things. Also, Okarix, you may give some ideas here, to help the developers make even deeper stuff! I mean, I think is already a really complete story, but I love speculation :D
Old 02-26-2014, 02:43 PM   #9
Cassidy
-- registered --
  • Jan 2014
Another Idea, this one is easy to apply: Ghost town. You go to a city, they say that they didn't got any news about another city, and ask you to go there see what is the deal. You go there, find the town empty, no signs of fight, nor looting. What happened, I think is a job of the developers to make a non-generic end of this quest. Inspired by the Twilight Zone first episode.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:56 AM   #10
Okarix
-- co-founder --
  • Jan 2014
What really got me was the realism. Glad to see that is heading this way. I love the feeling of being ''only one more guy in the world'' and yet have the possibility to achieve great things. Also, Okarix, you may give some ideas here, to help the developers make even deeper stuff! I mean,I think is already a really complete story, but I love speculation :D
Absolutely agree, it is the realism part that capture my attention and I believe that is also what makes this setting stand out. It is odds that the feeling of being just "only one more guy in the world with the possibility to achieve great things." always interest me more than becoming some "Chosen One" even though that's our role everyday except the "possibility" part. It is the shame that I have just discovered and been into the post-apocalypse genre recently so I don't think I have the information and experience needed to really contributing anything worthwhile. Moreover,now is definitely not my relaxing time of the year. Thus, reading when possible is my only joy right now and it is wonderful to see how much you care about the AR setting. Keep up the good works! ;)

Last edited by Okarix; 02-28-2014 at 11:53 AM.