Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 10:08 AM   #11
mercy
-- registered --
  • Jul 2014
Nice demo. Good artwork. Excellent animations! Music is superb.

Please increase font and GUI window size to at least 2x the size compared to what you show in the character generation video. The menu should be 2x bigger and the character window + fonts too. There are big black empty spaces not used on your GUI: its a no-no.

3D:
You will have to optimize rendering distance, LOD, etc.. because it runs not smooth when zoomed out somewhat:
There will be AI, path-finding, particle FX and lots of character models fighting in the game so framerate should be super smooth.

Last edited by mercy; 07-19-2014 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:50 AM   #12
Fox Cunning
-- registered --
  • Aug 2014
Originally Posted by MrNixon View Post
As you know, we send Instant Access to our tech build from the videos for every our backer. I've just encountered we should create this topic for your impressions. So feel free to share.
As a backer, I thought I would receive something like that, but I got nothing yet. Is really every backer receiving instant access?
Old 09-06-2014, 11:14 PM   #13
Daz
-- registered --
  • Aug 2014
@Fox - download it from here: http://www.indiedb.com/games/after-reset/downloads

As far as the tech demo goes there isn't much to say, it sure looks nice and I like you can control your char using the wasd keys. It seems there is a lot a work ahead.

Last edited by Daz; 09-06-2014 at 11:21 PM.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:58 PM   #14
Fox Cunning
-- registered --
  • Aug 2014
Originally Posted by Daz View Post
@Fox - download it from here: http://www.indiedb.com/games/after-reset/downloads

As far as the tech demo goes there isn't much to say, it sure looks nice and I like you can control your char using the wasd keys. It seems there is a lot a work ahead.
Cheers mate!

Looks very, very promising. Good work Mr. Nixon and crew!
Old 09-08-2014, 09:04 AM   #15
Doc Inventus
-- co-founder --
  • Aug 2014
Hello, as Cunning Fox, I made a pledge through Kickstarter and have not received any file being more French I have a lot of trouble with the forum. Otherwise what I've seen on youtube there is indeed a lot of work and I'm glad to help.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:06 AM   #16
Fox Cunning
-- registered --
  • Aug 2014
Originally Posted by Doc Inventus View Post
Hello, as Cunning Fox, I made a pledge through Kickstarter and have not received any file being more French I have a lot of trouble with the forum. Otherwise what I've seen on youtube there is indeed a lot of work and I'm glad to help.
Try this, Doc: http://www.indiedb.com/games/after-reset/downloads
Old 09-08-2014, 05:19 PM   #17
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Guys, sorry we had no chance to answer earlier. And thank you very much for helping each other.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:55 PM   #18
Ole
-- co-founder --
  • Nov 2014
As far as I'm concerned, after roaming the internet(for numerous years) for a suitable post-apocalyptic rpg for my gaming-needs, the info I have scavenged from multible gamingsites and rpg discussions tell me AR has the potential to become the number one post-apocalyptic rpg ever...that said if what I read will become reality.

You convinced me in just a few pages to donate what I had to spare to this cause, as I was made aware of one of the kickstarters failed. I also let some of my irl friends in on this and hopefully they find it worth their while to donate as well.

After playing the tech build, I'm sure it will be worth it by my standards and I feel already so much for this game that it would break my hearth if anything goes wrong...

Last edited by Ole; 11-26-2014 at 07:57 PM. Reason: adding more info
Old 02-10-2015, 10:32 PM   #19
Trainwreck
-- co-founder --
  • Sep 2014
so i've only looked at the build that is up on steam. Can't be sure if it's different from the link posted here but i assume it must be because the steam version only seems to contain character creation ATM. not really an issue but i did sit there clicking on start game for a good bit before i gave up.

The main point i want to address, just to be sure it's brought up, is the screen tick that goes off every few seconds. currently there is no way to turn this off. please add an option to shut off the tick as it makes reading the in game text quite painful (at least for me). other than that, it looks quite promising, so heres hoping you knock it out of the ballpark!

Last edited by Trainwreck; 02-10-2015 at 10:33 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:44 PM   #20
xakthos
-- registered --
  • Jan 2015
I like it but the flicker affect really can mess with my eyes at times.
Closed Thread