Old 10-04-2016, 02:52 AM   #151
Okarix
-- co-founder --
  • Jan 2014
So it would be sensible to focus attention on co-op not earlier than 4th chapter of AR RPG is done.
As for me, i just hope this game won't go the same route as Wasteland 3 or Divinity: Original Sin 2 i.e. if you don't go co-op or multiplayer, you miss out on a quite bit of the game's worth of content. Well! Who am i to tell you guys what to do anyway? Either way, seeing this project through up to this point has been a joy, so i guess i have to thank you guys for that, even more so if BCS can live up to its promises with the final product. Cheers!

Last edited by Okarix; 10-04-2016 at 02:54 AM.
Old 10-05-2016, 09:01 PM   #152
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
Originally Posted by Okarix View Post
Well! Who am i to tell you guys what to do anyway?
You're our Co-Founder :) As I'll post soon in the IndieDevTips article preview, you're like a senator of United States Congress for CIA.

As for me, i just hope this game won't go the same route as Wasteland 3 or Divinity: Original Sin 2 i.e. if you don't go co-op or multiplayer, you miss out on a quite bit of the game's worth of content.
I share your view. I've never seen perfect single/coop/multiplayer game mixture (except, m.b. for NWN 1&2 and Fallout 2238 but those were financially unsuccessful fan/community-based projects). I believe in specialization (for one game type - on multiplayer; for the other - on single player; for one - on story; another - on action; etc.).

Beyond that, I'd like to focus all those various products in the same hard sci-fi setting (After Reset universe; like StarWars once was when Lucas ruled the strategy himself) and around the united friendly community. I imply, right now 87% of our backers are 27-36 years old, dig F 1&2, DnD, have passion to science. They play games for roleplay and social experience - just as one of the life experience to enjoy. I expect they do not use cheats because it's no sense for the reason and atmosphere they play for. As well as the are mutual topics to discuss even off-topic when playing multiplayer (like wives, kids, military service (more than half of them serves or did served their countries), Trump or Hillary (most of our backers are from US). Etc.

Cheers!
Thanks for the rooting, patience and participation! Stay tuned for coming update. Now it should bring the proper mood of the game's beginning as it intended to be.
Old 01-29-2017, 03:53 PM   #153
Okarix
-- co-founder --
  • Jan 2014
It's 2017 already, more than 3 months without any update. As a backer, I feel compelled to ask this question: how's thing going with the prologue? Is releasing that small portion of the game this year still on the table?
Old 01-30-2017, 10:21 PM   #154
MrNixon
-- administrator --
  • Jul 2013
It's 2017 already, more than 3 months without any update. As a backer, I feel compelled to ask this question: how's thing going with the prologue? Is releasing that small portion of the game this year still on the table?
Hi Okarix,

Actual question. Well, as I wrote in the huge Patch #100816 Update (8 October, 2016), the next one big update should be the release one. Albeit, since that October patch release we’ve kept adding features/content and applying swift patches to come to the release version. You might notice your SEA build on Steam (if the game was installed) has updated every 3-7 days since with 30-120Mb each time.

Here I’ve kept folks updates with every step on that pinned Steam forum: "Current Work In Progress".

For these months we’ve added the combat mechanics, exterior, monsters, Keren, finalized Ground level, containers, etc. We also collected a decent bug reports from testers in the "Bug Reports" Discussion: most crucial of them indicated serious issues with the saving/loading/restarting mechanics. Other are relatively minor.

So... The current plan live is:

• Advanced Programmers are now on fixing/reworking Saving/Loading mechanics;
• Junior Programmers are on visual enhancing features (like AAA volumetric and physical correct blood particles and other impacts; extra combat animation embedding like evasive movements or various death anims; VFX for drones laser weapons; etc.);
• Beyond the conducting all the activities above, I toil on sounds with Marius (for male/female characters and monsters) and scripting the final cut scenes for each ending for the prologue.

The second and third terms (features adding) are basically to effectively spend time while waiting for the completion of revamping Saving/Loading mechanics. After that fix is done, I am going to direct Advanced Programmers to add three crucial (IMHO) extension for the combat mechanic (player should be able to run away while in combat; equipped apparel should properly affect character stats in combat; player should be able to switch active weapon modes in combat like normal/burst/aim).

That is all.

After the major tasks above are done I was intended to make a closed post on Kickstarter to aspire you, guys, join a week of hard test. By the end of that week, I would like to conduct closed voting/discussion among the bakers and decide together: "Are you happy with the game AR RPG has turned to be? Are we ready to official release? Can we spread the build among the game media?"
Old 06-01-2017, 04:03 AM   #155
Okarix
-- co-founder --
  • Jan 2014
What now… Technically, we’re ready for the soft launch for bakers (and steam supporters) hard testing, but I would like to make small polishing for the coming two weeks
Glad to hear, guys! Vaporware I hope not. Two weeks then...

I guess I'll save my questions for later, if/when the light at the end of the tunnel is not an illusion...

Last edited by Okarix; 06-01-2017 at 04:03 AM.